1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

All You guys that hire mexicans are Scrubs!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BladesAway, Sep 18, 2004.

1. BladesAway

BladesAway LawnSite Member
    from Ok

Stop hiring Mexicans. You guys talk about SCRUBS! Well YOU are no different than the guy without INSURANCE if you employ MEXICANS. Your the reason this country is is being invaded by ILLEGALS. Stop being so Darn lazy and do it like it should be done. Why are you sending your money to Mexico? They just take it and send more Mexicans to take more and more. You guys gripe about prices but do nothing about it. I have won every bid I have put out with a disclaimer that states: "I do not hire Illegal Immigrants nor will you ever see one working for Green Country Lawn and Landscape". Try and sue me for it, I'm tired of you guys saying "hire a Mexican". If you can't find a person that will help you then hike the price up. If you see a company with alot of MEXICANS call them in. Quit being the SCRUBS and do it right. Be an American with a backbone. You guys make me sick. I'm so disgusted at this point I'd like to :gunsfirin . I don't want to leave my country to Illegals I want to leave it to my boy. I want him to be able to start something and make something with it. Pull up your lips and quit pouting it"s time someone put it to you. How many people do you know in the roofing business if you don't put an end to it now where does it stop. CHEAP CHEAP does that ring a tone, or does BROKE AND BANKRUPT sound better? "Scrubs", look at your family' do they deserve more than you? Do you want to be able to give them the world? Or do you want to just tell them that we used to be the UNITED STATES OF Mexico I mean AMERICA. Pull your head out if you start putting pressure on you competitor about their ILLEGALS then we are all better off. It has to start somewhere.
    NC Scaper likes this.
  2. NC Scaper

NC Scaper LawnSite Member

I did exactly the same thing with a disclaimer. All I ever hear from other LCOs is hire a Mexican save some money, forget that! I do fine without them now so I believe I can survive. Thats the problem today no one has a backbone on this issue.
  3. NC Scaper

NC Scaper LawnSite Member

Everyone sits back and thinks everything is gonna be fine well it isn't if we don't put a stop to it now. Take pride in the United States of America. I am for one fed up with seeing our money going out of the country. Just as BladesAway put it, It has to start somewhere.
  4. BladesAway

BladesAway LawnSite Member
    from Ok

Thanks my man. I have been pressuring alot of LCO's here and it's working. Take it to heart. Take it as an insult. Just get the nerve up and say something. I posted this in the wrong forum and posted it again in the commercial forum. Post your comments there also PLEASE.
  5. airtractrdrivr

airtractrdrivr LawnSite Member

Amen, brother! Glad you guys have the balls to stand up and say it in a public forum. To be fair, I have seen some Mexican workers around here that are legal, having their green cards and all, but the vast majority are illegals, and should be rounded up and sent right back where they came from. Problem is, unless there are 40 to 100 of them, the INS doesnt want to be bothered with them. Even if you CAN get them to come investigate, the most they will usually do is send them back across the border, in which case they are back the next day. There's got to be some MAJOR changes at the government and enforcement levels as well. As long as the ACLU and all those tree hugging love spreading types are around, illegals will get all the sympathy they ask for.
  6. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Funny, in my area spanish speaking guys get paid more than the home growns. They get a lot more done and yea they work much harder. Not saying this is right, but this is how it is in my area. I'm talking about legal guys! P.S. I believe I'll out work anyone just my opinion, but I am just one.
  7. airtractrdrivr

airtractrdrivr LawnSite Member

Oh I will agree with you that they do work their asses off. Better than alot of american workers I've been around. And, if they are here legally, I have no problem with it. It's the illegals, and the SOB's that hire them that I have a problem with.
  8. NCL

NCL LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Try finding any hard working americans in my area. Try to find one with a drivers licenses- good luck. I went through 8 americans in one season, while my two mexican workers keep coming back and working hard. The mexican workers get paid the same as americans if not more, in fact you can not find a good mexican worker that will work for less than $9.50/hr.
  9. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Blades did you have some kind of bad experience with Mexicans?I see two threads started by you about them.I happen to find mexicans very hard workers and if they are here legally why not hire them?.
  10. GardenofWeeden

GardenofWeeden LawnSite Member

Blades Away,
    Thanks for the post. Labor is truly an issue with my company as well. We train our employees to standards we've crafted for years. There are some issues finding good quality workers, but you can thank Reagan for that. Remember when the Air Traffic Controllers were all fired back in the 80's??? The Union's broke and any and all labor issues regarding fair pay went with it. This is a hot debate. I admire you for sticking to your 2nd Ammendment Guns. :p
    However, competition is what this society is about and makes it hard to be competitive and sticking to your MORALS-VALUES-HONOR & COUNTRY!!!!!!!
    Those same values soldiers die for.

I've had to raise my prices for labor shortcomings, but I hand out references and tell people that good help is hard to find and the ones I have...I PAY THEM WELL. They know and appreciate that my work is standardized.... from blood, sweat and tears. It's the American way.... since 1776.