all you proslide users!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by man of stihl, Apr 16, 2006.

1. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

i am new to the proslide but i am very interested in buying one soon. what is the main difference between the original and the new xt? what are the advantages and disadvantages of the proslides. i run a one wheel velke now and i hate the ruts it leaves in my stripes. i weigh around 175 and i use 36" gear walkbehinds. they tow me on the velke no problem. any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated:weightlifter:
  2. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

I have a non xt proslide and love it. I also have a streiping unit on the back of my walkbehind and both help out great.
    I know the difference from the original and the xt is that the xt's platform is alittle larger and the rubber pad is bigger underneath.
  3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Main difference from the original to the XT is a thicker wear plate.

You will love the proslide. I have one, that's all I've ever used, and I have see no need to ever try a 1 or 2 wheeled sulky.

It acts as a striping kit, you stay level with the ground while riding, the ride is very smooth, it will retract up and out of the way when you do need to walk behind it (not possible, or very easy with a wheeled sulky), and you stay directly behind the machine.
  4. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had one for three years. After I use up the two wear plates that I have on hand the thing is history. Can't back up without getting off. Wear plates are 30 bucks a pop and I go thru 2 a season at least with no pavement riding. Springs break everyother season. On the belt drive if the belts were even a liitle damp would not pull properly while the same mower would pull a wheeled sulky with no problems.
  5. man of stihl

any more comments? thanks to all who have posted
  6. stryper

stryper LawnSite Member
    from IL

No comment, just a question: how much can I expect to pay for a Proslide?
  7. man of stihl

i dunno that was my next question:confused: sry
  8. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

i have had problems with mine ripping up grass on some of my lawns. They are usually the lawns that are less maintained (not fertilized or watered other than rain). This also happens in a drought when the lawns start to weaken. What I usually do is use it on the nice lawns and use my scag with the sulky on the lawns that i have had that problem on