alldayRJ's picture thread

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by alldayrj, Apr 11, 2012.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

But if you we're to do it?

2. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

If the head joints were to be mortared i would mortar it down

If the look was dry laid, i would lay it on 21a with fines packed around the stone

3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Very popular hear type N morter

4. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Which thread was it about the customers being a pita and watching every move

5. alldayrj

Zedo I think it was titled something about starting a big job, possibly by red shed? This job totally slipped through
    I love doing these, sod mulch and the brick work in one shot. Keeps me and DVS happy
    I pitched the wall to follow the walkway, any reason (besides personal preference) not to? Matched it on the other side too. Unfortunately the homeowner added the wall after we finished the walkway and had a tight budget but I think it came out as cohesive and good as possible.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

That overgrown landscape is UGLY

7. alldayrj

Lol I offered to rip those bushes out for free and they looked at me like I had two heads. Lots of stuff I would fix if I was writing the checks ( like the two tone vinyl). But luckily I'm just cashing them $$$

8. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

RJ - YOU HAVE GOT TO CLEAN THAT SAND OUT OF THE CHAMFER. THAT IS DOWNRIGHT SLOPPY AND LAZY.

if you're going to post pics, such pics of sloppy work only instill in the other rookies that leaving joing sand lay on top of the joints is acceptable, when IT'S NOT.

ok, so now you got grass in the pic :) But you gotta wait for the sod to establish, it has as many joint lines as the freakin pavers :)

I'll tell you what, just hire me to come out twice and year and shoot your pics!

9. alldayrj

This job was in may, I'll get pics soon if they didn't let the sod burn last week when it was 100+. (No sprinklers )
    I know it's what I and everyone else say when you catch something, but I wouldn't get paid if I left it like that. Everything got washed down good, this was just after pulling off all the sod scraps.
    I also did the 4.9237 sf of cultured stone on the front of the house.
    This winter I'm getting the website overhauled and in the spring I will grab a friend who is a photographer, a gay bowl of fake fruit, and set up some yards for "finished " pics. One step at a time.
    Plus after this last job I need to buy a 1.5t excavator. Homeowner was an excavation contractor and we worked out a deal where I used his t250 bobcat and John deere27 excavator. Eye opening and life changing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. alldayrj

And some sod in the Hamptons. Sick millionaire flip house. All wet laid bluestone, I think he said 3000sf total on the house. We put down 4400 sf of sod, going back later this week for another 1800.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]