alldayRJ's picture thread

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by alldayrj, Apr 11, 2012.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

To make sure the pattern lined up on that pit i just set the base ring then finished the pavers and blocked up the rest of the ring.

Those seat walls are held together with PL an i did glue them to the pavers too (!!!!!). Next time I'll give it a shot the other way
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Curious to know if everyone would line all the joints up at each angle like he did on his patio with these stones? ? I have only ever used blocks that I could split at an obtuse angle to allow the jonts to stagger. I guess you could cut the obtuse angle then sort of "stipple" the cut face so it better matches ? Not saying it was done wrong just asking because I haven't used block like that.
    Steve

patio.jpg

3. alldayrj

if they were split face I would have. These are Cambridge old english wall blocks and I dont think they would look good cut like that. I did glue each layer and those corners though

4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

I was in no way criticizing your work...I don't like straight vertical lines and wanted to know if it is even possible to avoid with this type block.
    Steve

5. alldayrj

all good man. didn't think you were. just figured I would say why it was done that way

6. alldayrj

a brick stoop, paver walkway, and wall done by yours truly. All Cambridge pavers and wall, used brick stoops with bluestone tread. looking for before pics
    I normally hate tumbled pavers but I feel these work nice with the sed brick risers and front of the house
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't listen to these hardscape Nazis on here! ;)

I'm no paver guy, but I think your work looks really nice and clean- and you have a great attitude. Best of luck!!

8. alldayrj

Thanks perfectearth, i apreciate it. I like to sell on the fit and finish like DVS. Its all about the cuts!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

I still need help on not staggering the caps?!

10. alldayrj

Feel free to pm
    Posted via Mobile Device