1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Allectus Fert combo $$$ Way Down

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shades of Green LService, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

For the past 5 years or so Allectus w/ fert combo has been around $60 or higher by me. I went to lesco to buy my Merit/ Fert and was told Allectus was cheaper! I couldn't beleive it $35 bucks a Bag. What are you guys getting this for?

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Allectus is alot cheaper this year due to merit and Talstar both being off patend, the tech materials for the merit still go from bayer to TCS to be blended, and the Bifenthrin comes from china, this allows the price to be so competitive, I've already seen the allectus 0-0-7 880/ bag quantity quotes as low as 17.45/bag in this part of the country, 18-0-8 allectus anywhere from 25.55- 37.00/bag depending on tons. These are both the higher ai blends.
    The true Generic Imoclopirid/merit 30# bags are running around 2 bags/acre for such a low price I'd rather not say. I just feel bad for the guys who got all thier allectus with fert in the barn early order last season, they really got shafted. For example a few guys I know paid about 12-15,000 more per truckload early order. Uap also has an 18-2-5 coming fromTCS also for around the same price as the 18-0-8.
  3. Shades of Green LService

18-0-8 is the blend i purchased. Also Crosscheck and 19-0-6 fert combo $19
  4. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

We have seen a $12. per bag price drop from last season!
  5. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for Posting this Guys.

Next season I will use it.

6. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

When you're buying Allectus (or a generic version of the same) make sure you're looking at the actual amounts of imidaclopryd and bifenthrin, not just the price. Yeah, the price has gone down, especially with imidaclopryd going off-patent...but a lot of the cheaper prices that I've been seeing have such low amounts of AI, that you're going so much heavier on your rate to compensate, that in terms of cost-per-thousand, it's not as cheap as you're thinking. Or, of course, you're not using a heavier rate, as dictated by the label, so you're not actually getting the control you think you're getting....

So....just be careful when you're comparing prices like this on the net.
  7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I have always said...you shouldn't look at the cost/bag or cost/jug on anything!

You need to look at your cost/K. Usually the more you pay per unit the cheaper it is!

This not only goes for AI but also N, P, K, etc.

Yes I look at cost/bag, but you have to break it down farther then that!

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

True, just try to buy from companies who are still buying tech materials from bayer.
  9. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

Bought some Crosscheck the other day. About half the price we were paying for talstar last year.
  10. Shades of Green LService

AI: Imidacloprid .125%
    Bifenthrin .1%