1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Allergic to pine trees or thier pollen?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Tinkerer, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Tinkerer

Tinkerer LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone else have a reaction to pine trees or their pollen. 3 of my customers are next to each other in a nice neighborhood with lots of pine trees. One day last summer after mowing around those trees as the pollen was blowing off,, my eyes were so puffy I could hardly see to drive. I've only started to have this problem in the last few years.
  2. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

I dont get THAT bad but I do get a small rash if I rub against them. Its usually gone in a couple hours or sooner if use the hose and water it down.
  3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I picked up an allergy to them too, in the last few years. Especially cedar trees. It is bad in April. Start taking Generic clariton mid March, Costco has it cheap, I have also found flo-nase to be a great product, but it is perscription only.

Good luck- it can be miserable working when you can't see and the nose is running like a faucet.
  4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Do a full-body detox. It will greatly reduce your allergy symptoms. It worked wonders for me.