Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Jan 8, 2001.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Wondering if any of you out there are having to deal with a bad allergy problem or perhaps even asthma?
    If so, how are you dealing with it? Prescriptions? Masks?
    Thanks in advance.

Jonathan Eglinton
  2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a problem late Spring. Hay fever. Scrips help alot, but very expensive. I just suffer for about 6 weeks.
  3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a terrible runny nose and itchy eyes in the spring, I used to just live with it. But a customer of mine who is a Dr. gave me a zillion samples of Zyrtec. He told me to call him when I needed more and he would leave them at the office that I service. Zyrtec in my opinion is worth its weight in gold. No side effects, quick relief, only 1 pill a day. Thanks Doc, by the way your price will not increase next year.
  4. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I use Nasonex nasal spray when the allerges bother me. It is prescription and works wthot side afffects. Some nights I feel like I had concrete poured into my head through my nose.

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I have asthma and did have allergies to most everything. I took allergy shots for 7-8 years which took care of that problem. Medicines just mask the true problem, if the allergies are bothering you and you have insurance, start with the allergy shots, you'll be glad you did!
  6. ETturfman

ETturfman LawnSite Member

Nasonex. I've had bad allergies all my life and I contemplated whether to get into this business because of it. Then I started taking Nasonex. It seems to work miracles for me. Also, if I do start having some drainage I take Claritin and it dries me up for 24 hours with no side effects what so ever. Hope this helps