Allergies

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mrbenfer, Jun 11, 2003.

1. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I love the outdoors... But with allergies, being outside can sometimes be a drag. I am taking Claritin for my itchy eyes and stuffy/runny nose. Claritin isnt working too well and need something stronger. What are you guys with allergies taking or doing to deal with it?

2. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same problem. I take sudafed, benadryl or something similar it seems like everyday. I am also addicted to nasal spray. I have been to several doctors and have received no help. I just learn to live with it.

3. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

I tried all of the popular OTC brands and some requiring an Rx. After experimenting with several prescribed by a Dr., I finally found the one that works for me, Panaz. I start taking it long before spring and don't have any problems at all. I take one every AM during the season.

4. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Next week I am going to get surgery to remove polips. Then I have to get a needle every week for 6 months. I will be glad when it's over. I tested allergic to everything. My arm broke when they gave the test.

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

2-3 clarinex a day work OK but, not that effective.

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Before I started I had terrible allergies and was worried whether I'd even be able to do this.
    Went to doctor, he prescribed Zyrtec. Took it regularly for a couple months and it was working.
    Started to forget to take it here and there, and before I realized it, I wasn't taking it at all and I had no more allergy problems!.

I don't take anything anymore and only very rarely have a problem if I ingest some clippings accidently, or inhale grass dust when emptying my bagger (another reason I try to never bag!).

It's like I've built up an immunity or something. Thank goodness.