1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

allergies!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by legendrider, Mar 2, 2004.

1. legendrider

legendrider LawnSite Member

anyone suffer from the common seasonal allergies and stay in the business? Im not too bad right now. but pollen season is comming?

2. RidgeCon

RidgeCon LawnSite Member

If you can believe it, I am allergic to grass.....but we maintain over 2000 acres a week

3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here. I've had allergies all my life. I suffer in june and july. Sometimes you just have to COWBOY UP.

4. Andyinchville

Andyinchville LawnSite Senior Member

I have hay fever but it only lasts about
    3 or 4 weeks in the spring....

5. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have bad allergies. They will probably be starting to get bad here in the next month or so and last 4-6 weeks. Allergies suck!

6. LASTEC

LASTEC LawnSite Member

I suffered with allergies for years every spring i would start with a cough, I kid you not i went to the DR. and got some type of shot and it knocked my allergies for about 3 years! As i have gotten older my allergies seem to not be as bad.

7. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have all allergies known to man....lol Pets, still got a dog. Grass,.. still gotta cut. Dust,.. still gotta clean, my girls attitude,.. still gotta love her. Some foods still gotta eat. Man I can't win.

8. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I went through immunotheropy (allergy shots) as a kid, and do I have problems today? Uh huh, especially if I have to weedeat or mow dusty bone dry fields. Gotta put up with asthma too, but there's pretty good medicine out there now and if I can anticipate problems I can generally work around them, sniff, sniff.

9. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I went thru the shots also. I find they did help a bit at first and whats good is going to the allergist every week tought me alot about my allergies and how to detect early warning signs. I had 6 sinus infections in one year! Thats 3 weeks of antibiotics per infection. Talk about non stop....... Walmart thought i was donating tissues to the poor!
    What has helped me out alot is the Nasal sprays. The one that works for me is Astelin. Rhinocort helps abit but not like Astelin.

I would say go to an allergists and learn what you can about your allergies and see what preventive treatments you can try. Oh and get tons of samples!!!!! Just keep asking for them. Tell them you want to see what works.

10. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

Alegra; I only take it during the mowing/leaf season when my allergies are the worst, the stuff works great, non drowsy and no medicine head, marc