1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

AllStar game stripes!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dr grass, Jul 9, 2002.

1. dr grass

dr grass Banned

Did anyone see the Allstar game? Im watching it right now. Man, are those stripes pretty!! Their all in a triangle shape and they have a huge star mowed into the middle of the outfield. I wonder how they did that? Anywho, it looks sweet.

Shep :cool:
  2. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

Yup I saw them, man are they sweet, I wonder how they made those stripes? They remind me of Sun Rays thats kids use in drawings.
  3. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I was watching the start. That star is really cool. It looks like they did it in 2 different stripes cause of the grass discoloration. Did anyone see Barry Bonds get robbed of that homer. Man he must be pissed. Oh well go A.L.:D
  4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

If I remember, they use a broom in the infield to make them stand out more. The guy that writes the book that I read that from does the stripes for the all-star game every year since he has started taking care of Milwaukee stadium. He now keeps Boston.....I think.
  5. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought of lawnsite right when I saw those stipes.

Tori Hunter robbed Bonds, even in MN Hunter is not well known, he is pretty good.
  6. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

dang thems are some perdy stripes. they must have done the big star in the out field before every thing else, cuz i can't see it working if they had done it after the stripes... but boy that is some nice work!
  7. Jason_S

Jason_S LawnSite Member

Gotta love MILLER PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure do, but it is hillarious if you go when it rains because the roof leaks in places!

Our tax money hasn't fully paid this park off yet and it already has leaks!!!!!!!!

Also, they had trouble with the roof after the winter

I do love the mowing there though, I'd love to see them actually mow it! It might be more interesting than a Normal Brewers game!!!!! man are they hurting this year
  8. dgrazdude

dgrazdude LawnSite Member

you mentioned they used a broom to make the stripes deeper in the in field. I have been thinking about a stripe kit that uses something like a broom behind the deck. What about those long thin brushes used for wall papering? What if you mounted them behing the deck with the bristles hanging about an inch lower than the deck. I figure I could cut the ends off 4 or 5 of them so they fit tightly together.
    Anyone with any thoughts?
  9. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

try it might be cool.
  10. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

Title of the book: Picture Perfect
    Mowing Techniques for Lawns, Landscapes, and Sports

Author David R. Mellor