Almost a proud owner

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by rlh149, Sep 18, 2005.

1. rlh149

rlh149 LawnSite Member

Well after many weeks of research and looking I made my decision on purchasing a 15/36 mini fastrak. Then came the disappointment. Bought it on Wed. had it delivered on Thursday and had it picked back up on Friday, The only driving time was from my driveway to garage. Had to leave for work right after delivery so was planning of doing some cutting on the weekend. But got a phone call from my wife while at work that there was gas leaking out of the bottom of the right fuel tank, so need less to say I took off work to come home and fix the problem since the hot water heater is in the garage and the vapors from the gas may have caused a problem. I do know I will be a happy owner as soon as the dealer gets the problem resolved. I was wondering if PJ , has this issue come up before. It wound up leaking around the bottom riv nut on the right tank where the control panel bolts on. Since I work in the manufacturing world I do understand in error. I figure the hole for the riv nut may have gotten drilled off center a little and when the nut compressed it caused a leak.
    Again I would like to state that the quality of this machine is great and I am sure that once I get it back I will be quite happy as it seems with all the rest of the people that have purchased them.

rlh149

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I have not heard of this happening.
    Be sure your dealer contacts the factory, we need the tank back to inspect it, and talk to our vendor on the tank, to make sure we don't see anymore problems.

Pj

3. rlh149

rlh149 LawnSite Member

After having the fuel tank issue I have received it back and made my first cut with it today. Boy is this mft a pleasure. Now I need a little more practice with the steering and I will be fine. On thing the mft has that really impressed me was the speed it will travel, I did not realize that 6 mph was that fast. Over all I am very happy with it and I would recommend this machine to anyone.

rlh149

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Good to hear, and I am glad you are happy with your new mower.

Pj