almost caught a thief

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brianj, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

last week, my new employee left the side door of the enclosed trailer open and started blowing, i was just finishing weed eating,we were at funeral home and my trailer was in the middle of the parking lot. i notcied a truck at the end of parking lot as i was walking back to the trailer. i thought to myself i better make sure everything is locked up, just then this guys runs out from trailer with my hedge trimmers, i start running after him, i get about 15 feet from him and tell him, i am going to kick his butt if he doesnt drop my trimmers, he drops them about 10 feet from his truck, thank goodness he had a topper on his trailer or he would thrown them in the back and took off, i got the trimmers back, but he got away... lesson learned lock doors at all times

2. shovelhead

shovelhead LawnSite Member
    from 10EC

i'm glad you chased the thug down and got your trimmer back. i had to pursue some gangsters who were about to destroy my day. i carry a sig 9mm on my mower and a feather wt. 38 when i trim and blow. trust me if they se ya coming brandishing a side arm they know you mean buisness.
    trample the weak and hurdle the dead.

3. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

yeah, and you go to prison for life for a 400 dollar hedge trimmer....:rolleyes:

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Originally Posted by shovelhead
    i'm glad you chased the thug down and got your trimmer back. i had to pursue some gangsters who were about to destroy my day. i carry a sig 9mm on my mower and a feather wt. 38 when i trim and blow. trust me if they se ya coming brandishing a side arm they know you mean buisness. trample the weak and hurdle the dead.

yeah, and you go to prison for life for a 400 dollar hedge trimmer

Not sure about other states, But in Va. long as the gun is in plain site we can wear them on your side

5. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

not sure who youre talking to grass_cuttin_fool?

6. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Wouldn't it be nice to lock him up inside and deliver right to the Sherriff dept?

I can just imagine the guy inside, waiting to haul ass at the next stop:eek:

7. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Perhaps if you had your CCW Permit you wouldnt go to prison since you would be carrying legally, concealed or not. Most states you can open carry with no permit. Most states you can get your CCW permit to carry. In some states you can even protect your property with deadly force, hedge trimmers included. (not many allow this, but some.) Good call on chasing him down. I carry concelaed at all times while out in the field, statutes permitting. Next time trip him up, arrest him, deliver to the local pokie.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Don't come to Maryland and try any of this. While we do allow certain people to CCW the permit is extremely hard to get. Yes, you can carry a weapon out in the open but it had better be unloaded and hanging from a gun rack. We have also had people tried and convicted of manslaughter for shooting a robber as he ran away, even in cases of house breaking and B&E of businesses. In Maryland if you shoot them it better not be in the back and it helps if he's armed. Basically the law says if he's not armed and you can retreat then you are required to do so.

9. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

this is usa while mowing carry gun ? heeee sounds like I am living in a land better. haa holliday home i think.

10. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Would i shoot at someone stealing YES. I have.
    Let them get in there car or truck. Shoot into the front window. Tell cops they were trying to run me over.