Almost feels as if I'm Cheating on my wife............

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Sep 4, 2004.

1. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

............not that i would know how that feels! Here's the deal. My mower of almost 8 years died on me yesterday ( Toro 44in WB). She just quit on me. Started it back up and the engine made a loud clanking noise. Was able to load it in my van. Decided it was time to buy a new one. The old mower was becoming a money pit (kinda like my wife!!). I bought another Toro and broke it in today. I love it, but in the back of my mind, all I could think of was my old mower. She never let me down. It's sitting in my mechanics garage, waiting to get looked at on Tuesday. Almost feel as if i should go visit it!!!! Does anyone else get this attached to their mowers????

2. NC Scaper

NC Scaper LawnSite Member

yea I guess I could maybe say that

3. printer88

printer88 LawnSite Member

It's all going to burn in the end!

4. Forest

Forest LawnSite Member

I enjoy using my equipment, don't get me wrong, but they just feel like highly maintained tools to me.

5. steve122

steve122 LawnSite Member

Had an old toro walk behind, belt drive, T handle with a cart behind it. It was old when I bought it used, never cost me much, lent it to someone and never got it back. Think about it almost every time I start up my new Exmark. Always find myself thinking wish I had my Toro.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, 8 years is a long time... you have a different type of attachment... and I think she has served you well. Likewise... time for retirement... time to take it easy and do the occasional job. If you'll recall, I sorta had a hunch... hope you don't think I jinxed you LOL!!!

Anyways... another Toro? Sorta surprised, sorta not. Let me guess though, 15 hp Kohler 44" Classic T-Bar?... but these days they are hydros... I'm still sticking with that though. After 8 years of that style, I think you stayed with it instead of going with the new style.... I dunno, maybe you'll surprise me.

I hope you didn't spend your money in the same place you did last time though....

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

The first walk behind I bought when I was 13 was a Bunton bullet. The day I sold it when I was 15. I had a tear come into my eye. Even if it was a piece of junk, it was my first mower. I still think about it when ever I used a belt drive walk behind. It cut nice, but fell apart while you used it.

Same goes for my first and only girlfriend of 1.5 years. I still miss her. She left because I spent to much time at work and not enought with her. Which is funny because she was the one that told me to buy another ZTR and get more accounts. The only thing that really pissed me off was. I could have bought a trench master bed edger instead of that dame ring. At least I still would have that.

I just can't win.