almost finished trailer!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rcracer, Feb 14, 2008.

1. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

Heres a few pics of my trailer after I put the side boards on. I painted them and put the bolts on. Let me know what you think:usflag:

finished trailer 001.jpg

finished trailer 002.jpg

finished trailer 003.jpg

finished trailer 004.jpg

2. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good, how big is the trailer?

3. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

it's a 6x12 i like it so far. i need to get some weed eater racks or make some. if anybody knows some for some good prices let me know. and thanks for the compliment:usflag:

4. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

Northern Tool. Bought some last week that hold 3 trimmers. 170 bucks and theyll UPS them to you. They come black and lock. Get the kind for the open trailer.

5. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

sweet thanks is it northern tool.com:usflag:

6. Mowinforaliving

Yep. Go to my thread "Trimmer racks on my little trailer" and you can see them. I just put them on yesterday.

7. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck with putting the racks on. BTW, let use see more pics when put the racks on.

8. Mowinforaliving

Hey RCRacer, I just now noticed you're 80 miles South of me. I'm up here in Ponca City, about 45 North of Stillwater. Are you Edmond, OKC, Norman, Moore, ????

9. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

okc I live off of sooner and 89th pretty close to I-240. How was your first year in the buisness:usflag:

10. Mowinforaliving

I know about where that's at. I bought my truck at Fowler Dodge there on 240 and I lived in Valley Brook (SE 59th) back in 2001, so... Business has been great for me. I've got a city contract up here that covers the library, museum, senior citizen center, nutrition center, associated charities center, a 4 acre lot, and a 29 acre 2 mile roadway (median and both sides). Other than that, i've got Sonic, Napa Auto Parts, a Chevy dealership, 2 truck stops out on I-35, a bunch of stuff out in the industrial park like a concrete plant, water bottling company, foundry, etc... This year im expanding into the residentials because one of my competitors is moving to Bartelsville and giving up 62 lawns or so. He was a residential guy. Me being the primary lawn business here, ive been getting alot of calls from his former clientel. So, I went out and bought a little Scag Tiger Cub 48" and decked out a small trailer I had sitting around and am going to start maintenancing residentials along with my other stuff.