Almost went and got X-rays today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, May 27, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Well, I was mowing along riding my sulky on my walk behind when, WHAM, the deck hits a big stone buried in the lawn the mowing stops bruptly and I go flying forward while the mowing jams into my pelvic bone. It hurt like heck and I could barely move. It took me at least 10 minutes to even stand up from my position on the ground ( I probably looked stupid). I almost packed up all of stuff and went straight to the emergency room because I thought that I broke something. I still think that perhaps I fractured it or something because when I walk I am in a lot of pain.

I guess that we will see how I feel tomorrow

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Good luck, Hope you are OK! If you have any doubt, get it checked. Some things only get worse if left unchecked.

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey man, sorry to hear that. Hope you can make your way to get it looked at, couldn't hurt (pun intended). Really though, PM Lawn is right. If there is something wrong, it'd be better to find out now.

4. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

i hope everything turns out ok...last fri i was doing a turn on my w/b and a pin sheared on my jungle wheels...i went straight to the knees and belly...w/b stopped almost as soon as i hit the ground, (gravely prosteer)...had to look pretty damn funny...

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

when I saw your name, "Stevo22" all i could think of was JackA@@ and how those guys get hurt all the time. I was thinking that this time I was one of them

6. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

i've been known to do some of the stunts on "jacka$$"...