Aloft or Allectus G?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Young Bros, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Young Bros

Young Bros LawnSite Senior Member

Our main insect is Bluegrass Billgugs. We also get june bettle and european chafer white grubs. Used Allectus G in the past and happy. The prills were big enough to spread easy yet small enough to seem to cover good. Has anyone used Aloft or both? What do you recommend?
    :confused:

2. Young Bros

Young Bros LawnSite Senior Member

So am I they only company that puts down these products?

3. Athletic field

Athletic field LawnSite Member

I have used Alletus G, very happy with results and the broad spectrum of insect that it controls. Have not used Aloft.

4. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Allectus is a great product. Great results with it. Been told by some golf supers that the Aloft is better on Hyperodes weevils and billbugs. Do not have a problem with those 2 critters myself, but this is what I've been told and have read. Aloft is supposed to be awesome. Different chemistry

5. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

We are using allectus as our primary turf insecticide again this season, no reason to change as our surface/sub surface control has been outstanding. I have read good things about aloft, but cant offer any actual use feedback?

6. Athletic field

Athletic field LawnSite Member

Anyone know the price difference between the two?