Alomost to 100

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadA, Jun 17, 2006.

1. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

On April 23rd we had 35 accounts. As of last night we are at 97. 62 in less than 2 months with little advertising we have added 62 accounts. May 700 flyer's total. What kind of response are you guys getting on your flyer's.

2. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

I would say that you are doing something right.........VERY RIGHT or just VERY LUCKY!

3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Are those mobile home accounts. Sounds like you got a whole trailer park account. :laugh:

4. D and H Seasonal Services

D and H Seasonal Services LawnSite Member
    from SE, Pa

Can we see a copy of your flyer???

5. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

It's time to raise your minimum a few bucks and see if your leaving anything on the table!!! Leaving just $1 on the table at each job adds to a nice juicy steak at the end of the day@@@@@@

6. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

:laugh:

But hey I was wondering about that.. There's a mobile home park thing with about 80-100 of them in it, and I was thinking about calling the company in charge to see about getting all of them.. Anyone here do that?

7. Quail Creek LC

Quail Creek LC LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

A. Let see your flier
    B. What is the average price you are charging per yard and what hourly rates are you pulling?

8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Better yet, what was your percentage of accepted estimates? What do they say, if you land 80% or more of your work your too cheap? I forget what the percentage was.

9. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I remember as a young boy my father taking my brother and me to Lake Minnetonka to fish for crappies in the spring when they were spawing. When we were over a school, they would bite on almost any bait --- I even caught some on a bare hook. It was a feeding frenzie.

I think everyone here has pegged this guy's boastful flyer claim correctly. Land on a school of hungry customers (like a trailer park) and bait them with a very low price. Fishing there will be just like fishing in Minnesota - successful.

Do I think I could repeat that bare hook catch again? I'd sure like to try! Anyone else wanna go fishing on Minnetonka?

10. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I'm calling [​IMG] until you answer Quail Creek LC's questions.