alot of dandelions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 23, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

wtf?? i've never seen so many dandelions as i'm seeing this year. anyone else notice? what causes this?

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here Bobby, not sure what causes it, I think it does have something to do with the amount of rain and erractic temperature changes.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Its the same up here. That, and alot of pineapple weed.

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, here they are flowering right at ground level this year. What's worse here though is the false dandelion. Almost everywhere is really infested. Ugh!

5. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here. And when you mow over them they fold over and then you have all them ugly stalks standing that looks like crap

6. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Its alright, because we can make money on our weed and feed, this year I've got some requests already from customers who have been too cheap in the past.
    My wife loves the way they look, won't let me put anything down in the backyard.......

7. Camelot Gardens Uk

Camelot Gardens Uk LawnSite Member

So that's where they came from, thanks guys, please leep the over your side next year!

The "old man" stops the 560 Mercedes and says Andy there is a daisy on the main lawn, in fact there are 2 of them!!!! so when ! had opened the twin 5 bar gates to let him out I ran up to the main lawn to find the dasies!

8. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

we have a ton of dandelions here too!! What a mess.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, it's been a plus for me so far. It's helping make up for the lack of early applications I had this year. I am also working an angle on this to use this infestation to my advantage to pick up some additional accounts.

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Lots of dandelion here too. I thought it was just me but apparently not.