Alot of hours for a new machine?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by farmboy52787, Jul 16, 2008.

1. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 LawnSite Member

Just curious, I bought a Walker 26HP EFI back in June and currently I have 95 hours on it, and I've owned it for 36 days. I'm a solo guy but when my helper friend isnt working at his normal job he uses the other mower, so would you say thats a lot of hours or not. Thanks

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Well, to be blunt, not really. Say 28 of those were working days...a little over three hours a day mower time would certainly be within the expected range for a solo operator.

3. farmboy52787

what does anybody else think?

4. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

i think it is a dumb question.

Sorry, but everybody is different and the amount you put on a machine will differ from everyone else.

5. farmboy52787

I'm asking your opinion, how is that dumb? No kidding everybody is different, but is it a lot compared to your machines?

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Compared to what I put on mine, yes, that's a lot. But... I have 3 different mowers and other extenuating circumstances.

7. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say 60 a week is a lot, not 15-20.

8. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

go
    back to picking corn ......who cares how many hours you mow or i mow ....
    the key is those hours on your mower need to be making money...:cool2::cool2:

9. LAExmark1

LAExmark1 LawnSite Member

i think that the first guy is close, you gotta assume actual mowing time is about 3hrs of actual cut time a day, BUT others are right too, because we have days that are too spread out and the actual mower time might be 3hrs, but then other days, we have closer and BIGGER lawns, that take much more time and our hours per day is a bit higher. Of course there is several other factors, some local companies do not double cut no matter what the finished product is, however, we do if needed, and this would obv add to overall hours (just an example). I've heard in the past 400-550 hours in 5 (rough estimate) months is about what you can expect in a season in michigan...

10. juspayme

juspayme LawnSite Senior Member

i think someone missed math class in high school. lol

if u owned the mower for 36 days, used it 25 of those days, how many hours would you put on it in those 25 days to reach 95hours.

id tell ya but im all outta fingers