Already Dry again!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mike Blevins, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Just mowed my biggest account and really should have used a dust mask. It's amazing how a week of 95 degrees can dry up lawns around here. Got in my truck and had 4 customers calling to cancel this week because "its to dry". Here we go again. Its been a good spring but these record highs are already doing the damage. :cry:

2. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

I hear ya on that. I can just see a lot of driving around this week because of very little/ any growth. O well, I still can't believe it's June 9!

3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I'm just on the other side of the state line from you, below the mountains and it's the same down here. I only skipped one last week though. Tony

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Come to Texas

5. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

same here Mike. We've had I think 7 straight days of 90+ degrees and no rain. We do have a pretty decent chance of scattered showers all this week. Last week we had the heat AND pretty stout SW winds. Dried everything up in a hurry. We really haven't recovered from last season either.

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Ya, been dry here for a month. Then 100 degree temps sealed the coffin on the grass. Just like last year and the year before...............Wouldn't have mattered much if it rained with high temps like this.

7. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

same here took a drive around some lawns today that i would of been mowing Wednesday out of 21 i may mow 3 or 4 of them this week

8. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

we havent had a rain free day here in probably a week now. hell, saturday we almost lost everything in a tornado. boo for weather

9. TimsLawnCareVA

TimsLawnCareVA LawnSite Senior Member

Starting to look like a repeat of last summer here in central VA. Need some rain bad.

10. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I had the same thing today!, MAN, I was hoping for a make up from last yr!