Already two months into the season..

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by mrusk, May 28, 2007.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I can not belive it is already Memorial Day. The last two months have been a complete blurr and it looks like the next 3 months will be even busier.

Hows everyone else doing? Is the spring rush still going or has it slowed down?

Matt

2. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

we have 35 projects in various phases from almost done to just getting started. on top of that I am working nights and weekends doing my own projects on the side. I think the spring rush is gonna last until January. I should be 150 lbs.

3. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like another good year we are behind and still have 4 new yards to install. I know its getting a little late for seeding but they still want it done. Hopefully around second week of june we will be getting in to the walls i have contracts for lasting most of summer. I have quite a few small and some larger ones as well. Im bidding one now i know ill get the only trouble it is for my best friend. He has no choice but a wall, and can afford it. I just hate to price it to him 150' x 5'.
    Mike

4. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

I am so behind from being busy that I am working 7 days a week and I haven't even got the winter equipment put away yet, its a little embarrassing but I still have one truck with a plow and spreader on it....

5. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

changed marketing tactics and it's payin off.

we're swamped.

I been pulling 14-16 hr days.

6. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

We are swamped with not enough employees to get it done!! not a bad situation but it is quite a balancing act not getting people angry.

7. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

The season is just stating to wind up for me. We just signed a 3000 sf paver job that we thought we had lost and booked 4 jobs in front of it. now we are swamped in a matter of one day. hopefully i can find some good help quick, yeah righ!

8. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I'd love a nice 3000 sq footer where I could actually stay at one place for a week. I've been working 12-14 hours a day for the past month and probably will till july 4th.

9. MRBsx2

MRBsx2 LawnSite Member

Its the same way for me here. all kinds of work and not enough good help to get the work done...hopefully it will stay this way for the rest of the year...plenty of good jobs!

10. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

You guys work 14 hour days in the feild??? You start working at 6am and finish at 8pm? Or is that with paper work/estimates?

We have been working 50 hour week in the feild and proably will for the rest of the year.

Luckily, i really do not do small jobs, so i do not go on 50 estimates a week. Normally only 1 or 2 and thats how i like it.

I am busy, but i am bumping up the advertising. When you are busy is the time to advertise.