Alright did Brian install this or Jerry?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirty Water, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

This photo is from Texas.

[​IMG]

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like something to hook the Borg up to. :blob1:

3. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

resistance is futile

lol

4. PurpHaze

That contraption is futile. :p

5. Planter

Planter LawnSite Member
    from Utah

From Texas, hummm, I thought everyone needed an irrigator's license there and the test was REALLY hard. Looks like someone's final field exam! Hope they passed. Wait, it looks like an Orbit design for a residential system and built with Home Cheapo parts.

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I think its a commercial drip system with fertigation for a tree farm.

7. PurpHaze

LOL... Wanna bet there's an old single-wide trailer just off camera left? :)

8. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey..Hey...Hey...!!! I thought that system got destroyed years ago. Damn the skeletons that show up at the most inopportune times. (chuckle)

There are some real 'swell' installations out there. Especially in the ag irrigation. No law governing that which is really scary with some of the chemical injection systems used on the irrigation systems watered from wells. And the only backflow device is a downhole check valve.

The irrigation license in Texas only covers landscape irrigation. It does not regulate agricultural irrigation or golf course irrigation.

9. PurpHaze

Agriculture always gets the breaks. If I take a load of things to the landfill I'm "fined" an extra charge if it's uncovered because it's assumed I've allowed leaves or other things to blow off my truck onto the roadways. An ag vehicle can motor on down the same road with things blowing off all over the place with no consequences.

10. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

i hope you arent referring to me mr holland. we only do stuff like that in arkansas. :p