Alright i made my mind up

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by plantzpropertymanagement, Aug 29, 2006.

1. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

Im going all the way with hustler they have some cool mowers im getting the 15hp trimstar 36" walkbehind with the riding step that has the stiping kit attached to it which results better strips and the handle grips are awesome this mower has to be a comfortable ride. And im also getting the 23hp 44" super mini z have you seen the bac vac for this thing huge. I was thinking about getting the quick 36 but ide rather get somehting that i know i can get parts from locally and hustler is a way better quality made mower they are more money but i have a saying "you pay for what you get". All i have to say is im a offical hustler fan.

2. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

plantz,

Thought you wanted to save some cash .. ha! (it's only money .. huh). Doubt you'll go wrong with either the Q36 or the Hustler. But the 36 and 44 are kinda close in cut, why you chose that route?

Mentioned the 36 of mine in the other thread - my other mower is a Super Z. Even with the minor problems with both I'd buy'em again.

good luck

3. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

Why buy new? There are ads everywhere for slightly used equipment for around 1/2 of what it costs new this time of year. You may even be able to buy someones accounts and mowers for the same price you are spending on those two new mowers...Just something to think about.

4. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I like your decision. Just why get a 44" & 36"? How about 36" & 48", 8" really is too close.

5. plantzpropertymanagement

Yeah Your Probably Right Ill Go With The 48". Does Anybody Have The Trim Star Im Just Wondering How The New Steering System Is?

6. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

If you are getting the Super Mini Z, you have deck options of 44" and 52". If I were you, I would go ahead and get the 52". I have a 36" Exmark WB and a John Deere 727 54". The 54" is a great deck, allows you to get alot of places that the 60" will not and it mows a great deal more grass than the 36". I like both of mine, you will enjoy those two peices of equipment.

I used to hate cutting grass. With the equipment that I have now, my wife cannot get me to stopp cutting grass. Our yard has never looked better. But even better than that, our customers are extremely happy.

7. plantzpropertymanagement

yeah i cant wait to start cutting. This season is almost over but theres always next year but its going to be a long winter waiting.