1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Alright, I really hate to do this....

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Lawn Dog2001, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

but I have to. Sean, Jodi, Charles, whomever. I have been here since 2001, and I really dont think I have ever publicly complained about anything on the site. So at the risk of sounding like PITA, here goes.

I hate the new naming system. Its equally as silly as it is ridiculous.

You had one member, one member, ask not to be a "addict". All he asked you to do was make him a "member".

Would that have been that hard, you could have made him a member, and left everything else the way it was.

Instead you go overboard and change the entire naming system over the incident. There really was nothing wrong with the current system. Just one person who had a pretty absurd complaint IMHO.

So now you have Lawn Site Regular and Lawn Site Royalty? Who came up with that? Maybe I am alone in this, but I think the new labels are cheezy as can be.

So here is my suggestion, for the LawnSite suggestion box.

99 posts and under New Member

100 posts to 999 Lawn Site Member

Then I think i read in a thread you all were considering like a, Bronze through Gold Member system for above 1000. That sounds like a better plan to me.

1000 to 1999 Lawn Site Bronze Member
    2000 to 2999 " "Silver Member
    3000 to 4999 " "Gold Member
    5000 " "Platinum Member

Either that or go back to the way it was. It wasnt broke, so why fix it.

Anyhow, take my criticism as constructive, it is meant to be that way. If Im the only one who dosent like the new titles, Ill shut the h--- up.
  2. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

I would say something to agree, however if more than 1 person complains, nothing would be done.
  3. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

lol. . ... . .. . . . . . . . . . ..
  4. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Well I hope this doesnt spoil it but I got to say that I agree.

It wasnt broke, didnt need fixin.

I like the old titles a lot better than this mess. :help:
  5. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I still say let us pick our own as long as no one tries to impersonate a moderator, etc.
  6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Why even have it at all............. If they do it the way you suggest people are going to write nonsense to get up the ladder. People do not learn from that stuff!!!!!!!!!!! Just my 2 cents
  7. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

That already happens now. My thing is that it is just hokie. I'd rather see nothing there or people putting thier own thing there with in reason.
  8. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Yeah, you're probably right now that I think about it more. I'd rather see nothing too than a bunch of stupid stuff.
  9. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with you. It wouldnt bother me at all if it just said member under the names. I am just saying that it was fine like it was, and if you are going to change it the regular, user, pro, and royalty titles are funky IMO.

Heck some members who are "regular" dont post that often. Does that make them irregular. ;) sounds like some fiber could help them. :waving:
  10. You could be classified as coffee drinkers LOL.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.