Alright, i think this is the one...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by TXNSLighting, Jan 25, 2010.

1. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Those trucks all look the same in 2wd and 4wd...you just have to let the price tell you what model it is if you cant tell from lack of floor shifter.

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

there is no push button selector to the left of the steering wheel either, just an empty pocket.

Texn, what will you be using this truck for?

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

This will be a maintenance truck. May occasionally pull something with some meat on it, but otherwise just a 16ft lawn trailer. with the occasional mulch, and trees.

4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

you have heard about the gas mileage the 6.0's get right? our 6.0L gets maybe 7-8 pulling our 6.5x12 trailer with a 48" rider+bagger and 48" walkbehind, 3 trimmers, 1 edger and 2 blowers.

95% of the time i see the gauge in that truck reading below 1/4 tank which is prolly what contributed to the fuel pump failure...

have you looked up any 8.1's? supposedly they can keep 10mpg or more towing.

5. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

I could buy a used diesel for that much.

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Thats the ONLY thing slowing me up on this purchase..I dont want to get 8 mpg...The 00 powerstroke im using is getting 13mpg pulling my 16 ft...5 mpg is a huge difference when you drive 25k miles a year...Im going back and forth right now between this, a F-150, or buying the Powerstroke im using. (its my step dads) I dont know what to do!