Alright we did it!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC, Aug 13, 2004.

1. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Hey lawnsite members. As of today LawnSite passed the idea of posting videos on this site. In my intial thread "How About it LawnSite?" in the LawnSite Announcements, Support & FAQ forum we achieved 70% of the members who voted in favor of posting videos. The original thread link should be enclosed in this post. Im sure that if more members knew about the poll we would have had a larger turnout of voters. Just wanted to say good job guys, gals, and moderators and thanks for making this idea a reality.. Heres to you:drinkup:

2. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

are there going to be some sort of instructions on how to post a video?

4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

I dont know of any instructions on how to do it. However I believe you would post it like link and you would click on it to view. My guess would be that another browser will be brought up or a media player will open to play videos. Let me ask a few people and I will post some instructions hopefully.

5. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Seeing if this works. Should be a video of our competiton, a robotic mower.

Attached Files:

6. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL!! yup it works i just watched the film...

7. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i am totally confused on how to post a moving link like that!!

8. Forest

Forest LawnSite Member

That's awesome( the video idea). Keep up the good work guys!

9. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Alright, there ya go guys. Have fun with this new LawnSite feature. They are only giving us 3 days to try to see how it works out, so lets make this a success. I think the hardest and most time comsuming part is that we have to use vidoe cameras and transfer the vidoe to the computer. I know there are cell phones that can record like 15 secs of video, so who knows. More than one way to do everything.

Here is how I posted the video.

1. Download "your video" or upload it onto your computer.
    2. Save the video to your desktop or whatever you choose in the following file types only: .avi, .mov, .wma, .mpg, & .mpeg.
    3. Then when your ready to post the video click on "post reply" in a thread and scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will see "attach file".
    4. Click on browse and find the file on your desktop, or where ever you saved the video.
    5. Click "post reply" and your video will hopefully be posted.

Private message me or post your questions on here and I will see if I can help. Im new at it too. But hey trial and error works. Lets here it for the 1st video on LawnSite. :bday:

10. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

oh yeah sorry, the videos* are limited to 4 megs each. Just like attaching pictures, you have a file size limit.