Alright

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Scag48, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Since we're sharing videos, here's one of myself from last summer. Don't mind the 12" bucket, I was merely finishing some small conduit trenches when I decided to backfill this one. The 24" was all the way across the site, would've taken me longer to walk over and get it than it would have for me to finish the trench. There is more of this video, I edited quite a bit of it though. Late in the day, boss had gone home, basically just some screwing around off the clock with the camera, which was duct taped to my hard hat might I add. Hope everyone likes Mr. Mister, rockin' good tune. :waving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33O_n6OjAN0

2. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

Just curios how come you didn't use the blade to backfill? Also how you like the Yanmar mini? I looked at them and they look pretty nice. I know the engine is good since Yanmar makes a good Diesel engine.

3. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Another fine use of the multipurpose unit called Duct Tape.....

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I can't comment much on the choice of music, not sure what to say.

But is that cab of any larger than anyone else's cabs?

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Yanmar mini's are pretty decent machines, I don't really have any complaints. This machine is my buddy's machine, he bought it new last summer. Doesn't have A/C, he didn't want spend another $3K or whatever it was to add it on. The good news is that it can be added on pretty easy if he ever decides he wants A/C someday. In tough conditions I wish the 55 had more crowd force. I've run the 55-5, 45-5, and 35-5. Cabs are small, typical of any zero tail machine. I don't like to keep the door and window both closed, it's either one or the other.

As far as using the blade vs. the bucket, we covered the conduit with sand so not all of that fill is going to go back into that trench without compacting and I didn't want a huge compaction lift. In that spot, I didn't have a whole lot of room to selectively choose the amount of fill I push into the trench. I actually overfilled one spot that I ended up having to knock down a little the next day before I hammered on it. I hoepacked what I backfilled in the video the next day, then I bladed the remaining material to finish it off.

6. PAPS Landscape Design

PAPS Landscape Design LawnSite Member
    from us

solid tune....

7. Canon Landscaping

Canon Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

where are the pics of the 312 and 277

8. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

OMG! nice music selection, lol!

Can you say 80's flashback?

what song is that anyhow?

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Mr. Mister - Kyrie

10. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

So, how old were you when that tune came out?:laugh: (1985) Can't blame you for liking it, most of today's music sucks so bad that there's not much else to listen to. My 14 year old really likes classic rock, he probably knows more about it than most 40 year olds. (like me):headphones: