"Also Search In Child Forums..."??

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by ALarsh, Feb 22, 2005.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I hit the search button today and just noticed this.

Could anybody explain what the "child forums" are?

child.jpg

2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

maybe the're bobbygedd posts? LOL :D :D :D

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

There aren't any child forums, there never have been.
    That is just how the vbulletin software is set up. Every vbulletin forum search engine will say that.

4. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I figured it meant "charles forum" hahahaha

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

LOL good one, you dont miss anything do you Crawdad?

I am 13-1/2 and 2 days old. Thank you vary much and my daddy could whip your daddy any day of the week :realmad:

6. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

I never knew there was advertisers at the top of the forums.. ;)

7. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

LOL :) :) :blob3:

8. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

Child forums are forums inside other forums, which are called parent forums. They are the forums whose names are indented in the search form's forum list.

For example, the "LawnSite Announcements, Support & FAQ." and "Sponsors Messages & Announcements" forums are the child forums of "LawnSite.com Community Support".

If you select only "LawnSite.com Community Support" in the forum list, and uncheck the "Also search in child forums" box, your search will return no matches since there are no posts directly in "LawnSite.com Community Support". If you leave that option checked, though, the two child forums (Support & Announcements + Sponsors messages) will automatically be searched, and you will get matches from these forums.

I hope this makes things clearer - don't hesitate to let us know if you have other questions.

9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

When you grow your first pubic hair you let us know. We will announce it on here and let everybody congratulate you. Maybe as a gift I cut off some of my chest hair and let you glue it on your little chest so you can impress the girls a recess HAHAHAHAHA

10. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I couldn't resist a jab at my neighbor on the other side of the mountain. :waving: