Also

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jman00, Jun 26, 2003.

1. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

i cannot get the chains to hang free. There is always one bolt that keeps the chain from doing what it is supposed to do.

2. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

The mower seemed to be off by an inch. I knew that i was not reallycutting at 3.5 inches when it was supposed to. But when put the 3 inches of blocks under the deck and lowered it. It was not even close to where it was supposed to be. The selector was like 4. This was a demo and when i got it the tires had 22 psi in the tires and i aired them down could this have lowered it 1 inch. whoever had this mower or set up did not do it right. But it was mowing level until last week. What makes it get unlevel.

3. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

sorry i hit the wrong button. I have super mini z with 52" deck and it has just started cutting about a 1/4 inch off from one side to the other. I have tried to make it right and i just cant seem to get it right.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Are you going by the procedure in the manual ?
    What is your tire pressure at currently ?
    There are a few things that could make your deck go out of adjustment.
    Is the bolt in the front right adjuster ? (as if you are seated on the unit)

Let me know
    Pj

5. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

i have already tried to loosen the nuts. The tire pressure i have put to about 9 on all four tires. like i said when i got the mower the psi was at 22.

It just started cutting uneven. Like i stated in the previous post when i put the 2 2x4s under the deck and put the deck down it didnt even get close to the 3"mark on the indicator. I had to loosen the 2 nuts to adjust it. Now i cant get any slack in the chains. My dealer is an hour away and if icant get it right tonight i am going to have to take it in, but i would rather not do that.(it would be free right) under warranty right? someone post something if you know. The book is very confusing.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

You need to go step by step in the owners manual.
    This will get the deck level when done right.
    If this is confusing to you, please take it to your dealer, I know the first one I ever did was confusing also.
    Or you can call our service department in the am, they will walk you through iton the phone.
    1-800-395-4757, any of the techs there will help you through this.

Later
    Pj

7. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

I know you wont read this until the am probablly after i have called but i cannot get the front chains to get any slack. The spring has too much tension in them. I am not dumb or mechanically stupid i just cant get this right. I am posting this in the hopes that someone who has done this before will post tonight so i can go out and fix it so i can mow tommorow.

I thought i had it right but then i tired to raise the deck to transport height and the dang deck only raised about half an inch and hit some kind of stop.

thanks i will get this worked out somehow.

PJ please post how this thing can get out of wack.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

About the only thing I would think could make it go out of adjustment this soon is hitting something.
    I am not saying you did.
    Did you get it last night ? or did you take it to your dealer today ?

Later
    Pj

9. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

I called the 800 number and talked to someone and got it figured out.

I did find out that when i set the height at 3.25 with the blocks and the selector thing and tried to raise the deck into transport it would not go that high and i had to adjust. Nowwheni have the height set on 3 i am really mowing about 2.5. I dont like this that much but your tech guy said that is normal. I guess my mower wont mow as high as it is supposed to. no big deal.

thanks