Alter egos in the off season

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kevin, Sep 5, 2000.

1. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

Anyone have any interesting off season occupation? Besides the usual snow plowing? Last year I worked for a great company in corporate customer service, it was nice working without any stress.

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes I work at a local rental car agency I cant say which one but they are terrible to work for, only reason still there after 11 years is I hurt my back on the job and they are paying all bills (after a lawer threat) but do you belive he warned me about going to the bathroom two many times always watching me and written warnings for the stupidest things (WHY I STAY THRERE?) because I have a nice little list of all things or mabey not all but alot. And when I really cant take anymore that comes out. Anyways like I said I cant tell you the name of the company but boy doesnt my back hertz.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I've been working at a local Supermarket for over 13 years. 12-16 hrs./week in summer and as many as I want 35-50 off season. They are pretty flexible when I call in "sick" when the snow flies. I get really good free benifits (Union) and the pay is great. Just worked 8 1/2 hrs of double time on Monday! Still not green money but it ain't bad.

4. BobbyBcuttin

BobbyBcuttin LawnSite Member

I use my 15FT E350 ford van to deliver furniture on rainy days.

5. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

I work part-time at UPS all year long. It is tough during the summer, but makes it really nice to have some cash flow during the winter months.

6. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I order to keep stress distributed evenly throught the year, I do not plow yet. I have been spending the winter as a basketball referee. This is a great way to relax and just have a nice run.

7. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I'm a student at the Institute of Technology at University of Minnesota...working on my chemical engineering degree.

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Sperm doner here. I got plenty of time and yucky other stuff on my hands

9. PB Landscaping

PB Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from utah

Lanscaper3:
    Hope your back gets feeling better LOL!:)

10. dhicks

dhicks Member

Starting 2001, my off season will consist of packing the super SUV and heading to Florida to winter. Cigars, Babes and AARP will be my biggest concern.