Alternate choice for a remote

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Jul 19, 2010.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

2. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Ah..
    It sells for $589.. For a little bit more you can get one that has proven up to it's reliability .
    The hand held looks like it would break extremely easily ... but I could be wrong..

I wonder what frequency they use and if it's approved ..

I love how the video guy keeps calling the guy a 'mechanic'

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

How do you figure a "little" more? A brand new RM is about twice that at $1200.

4. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, I was leaning towards the TRC.

I was a little shocked at the price of this buddy deal.. When you compare it to a trc or rm you would think this device is around the $300 range.

5. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

You can buy the internal RF unit that this guy is using for $12 a piece on allibabba.com. Range is horrible, transmitter is a toy..... you're paying that guy a ton to put a $12 unit into a fancy metal case and sell you a halfassed pigtail.

All I can say is stay tuned.... you may see another option soon..... :clapping:

6. Waterlogged

Waterlogged LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

You think? :laugh:

7. I think I need to contact Atlantic Irrigation
    http://www.sprinkler-remotes.com/distributors.html

Those guys were at the Denver Progreen show. They were annoyed as crap about what I was selling pigtails for. They asked me "You're getting those made in China?" I looked aghast and said "Hell no these are American made."
    It was two white guys and a hovering oriental guy who was clearly the owner.
    Really flimsy looking product. A RM at 1200 and a TRC at whatever is a far better buy than one of those at any price.

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I found it while looking for a RM on ebay. Just passing it along.

9. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

I've seen that remote before. I actually have a tx and rx board identical to the ones that they are using. They are cheap cheap cheap! The odd thing is that they are stuffing a 12VDC battery and an inverter in the receiver to power the valves. Makes no sense to me when you have 24vac right at the controller :hammerhead:

10. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks Dana. I appreciate the info.