Alternate choice for a remote

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Jul 19, 2010.

1. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Get the Orbit, it's awesome!! :)

[​IMG]

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

You are so very welcome Mr Argos :) Glad to help.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I thought the magnetic connections were kind of cool as a temp hook up instead of some guys using the alligator clips. But it won't work on some early model RB ESPs with the little flip downs. No metal to attach to.

Here's one issue for me with the pigtails. Not the pigtail itself or the quality, but more of a user problem. My short, fat, aching fingers have a hard time working with wires in a small confined area. So I fumble around and drop the wire or can't fit it under the terminal. So hooking up a pigtail takes me longer than expected. The temp one is already labeled so that I wouldn't have to use the reference sheet all the time.

Also the big azz transmitter of the RM or TRC gets in the way. I'd prefer a smaller transmitter since I already have a set of pliers, Irritool, cell phone, parts, pipe, bucket, etc. already in my hands or pockets.

Probably not the best option out there, but it is an option.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I kind of like the idea of battery power - even better if the controller itself can be switched out of the circuit while using the remote.

5. No tool tray?

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Rarely. But I use a 2.5 gallon bucket sometimes. I'd rather it go in my pocket.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  8. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

9. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

10. Stan.....why don't you get me in the door? TOM TOM got me in the door at JDL in CO SPR and I rewarded him. My chili recipe?