alternative products

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by PRESNEWT, Nov 18, 2005.

1. PRESNEWT

PRESNEWT LawnSite Member

I am not in the lawn care business but have looked at several franchises, including Lawn Doctor, and Spray Green. These two firms have patent protected equipment or product that they say differentiates them from other firms in the business. Is anyone aware of other equipment or product manufacturers that do the same job that the aforementioned franchise equipment does. thanks

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The simple answer is No. There are SIMILAR companies providing services equivalent in quality, durability, affordability et al, but it's not the SAME thing or it wouldn't work.

For example, McDonald's has franchises, same bs: Their stuff is patented, blablabla... Then there is Hardee's and Burger King which is similar, but it's not the same thing.

The ONLY other thing I gather is perhaps the price of the franchises you mentioned is a bit prohibitive? If so, that would be the direction of the next question to which I unfortunately do not have a concrete answer, but yes I am sure franchises of that nature exist. Keep in mind, with lesser-known franchises the issues of trust and building your customer base will be somewhat more pronounced (as will the learning curve) than with a well-known corporate name backing you, which is part of the reason one is more expensive than the other.

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I had a friend that worked for Lawn Doctor, He knew a lot about spraying, and Dammed it he didn't know every plant and tree's name....

But anyway he quit them because of too much corprate BS. and became a LCO.....

Just my 2 cents worth