Alternative to Toro 30" Timemaster

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Smallaxe, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

It seems to me that someone stated somewhere that there is another machine, that has been out on the market for a while and is of proven value...

Is there an existing alternative of substantial size?

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

yea its called the toro 32 proline.

3. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Y BRAVO 26" is a bit smaller but very well built machine.

TORO Proline is not really a traditional walkbehind. Can it mulch or bag by putting in a plug? Does it have a rear bagger?

4. lawnboy dan

yes its a traditional commercial wb and will bag but thats a waist of time . mine is 19 seasons old -try that with the toro timemaster

5. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Exmark Metro 26?

[​IMG]

6. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

OMG, that looks like atleast an acre size property behind him. A 26 would seem alittle on the small side. I hate my 36 on an acre.

7. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

2 completely different animals is what i mean't. I need a traditional walkbehind
    that can be used on medians, can't side discharge the grass, so i mulch, or bag . These would be better served using a timemaster than a proline. Nothing against the proline just not a good comparison. Going from a 21 to 30 that feels like a 21 is a no brainer to me.

8. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I think we have a dealer that does ExMark now... 26" isn't as attractive as the 30" cut, but it is a commercial model?
    thanks, I'm going to look into it... :)

9. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

I am seriously considering a 28" Worldlawn walk behind deck mower. I have looked this machine over and also the Toro 30" time-saver. I like the Worldlawn because it seems it is well built for the kind of use I will put it through. (I work SOLO so it won't get abused by inexperience). The design for any of these machines that have come out bigger than 25" just don't seem practical with out casters on the front to maneuver the machine with more control and ease. Steering over the course of a day it would make a big difference to me.
    If I get one (I will start the season with what I have until the cash is available) I will definitely share my experience with it.

10. lawnboy dan

then you want the exmak metro 26