1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Alternative's for flyer distribution

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kc2006, Jun 18, 2005.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I was wondering if anyone has done some alternative to distributing flyers? I think i posted this in the spring but didnt get any good answers.

I tried a company in the spring that puts the flyers in bags with other flyers from large chain stores, it worked ok i guess, gained 5 weekly cuts, and 10 one time jobs (mulch, shrub trimming) out of 5000 flyers. This time i'd like something where my door hanger/flyer is put out door to door by it self but I don't have time/energy to put 10,000 out and then the 30,000 i plan on putting out in the spring. So has anyone tried anything new? I was thinking of getting a hold of a boy scout group or like a church youth group something that I know is a stand up group and then donate money to their group or somehow pay them. Any help or ideas?
  2. kc2006

bueler? No one has tried something different?
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi kc2006,

Have you considered something like the pizza menu flyer distribution idea? It was posted here.
  4. kc2006

Yes i did but thats not going to get the volume that I really want. We used to own a pizza shop and I know that our client base was limited really.

I have to call the one local paper and see about getting an insert put in there, its a smaller newspaper so that might work.
  5. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

I've been able to get about 2000 a day done by myself with a Go-ped. It's fun, too!

6. jason1978

jason1978 LawnSite Member

Hey Pagefault I ordered a gas powered one the other day that should be arriving here soon. Pretty fun eh?
  7. HK45Mark23

HK45Mark23 LawnSite Member

In my aria there is a company that is part of the paper. It has the database of any demographic you could imagine. You can send your direct mail advertisements. You may try a post card type of direct mail advertisement. With this system you can target what ever your demographic requirements are. Such as if you want only people in a certain aria code or of a specific age income or even land over specific sizes. Also if you have customers already in those categories they can remove them as to not waste a post card. Basically you’re unlimited on how you can determine what people you want to receive them. Another example is business over “X” amount of employees or land over 1 acre or that does business over “X” dollars. Only on the streets you express, or even only rental property owners, I mean it is unlimited. If they don’t have the exact information you are looking for then they will find it and charge a small amount. I am looking forward to using that direct mail method. For me it will be only those with the yard size house value income to support my programs.
  8. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

Have you looked in the yellow pages for Distribution Services. I have several in my area that will hang flyers on the door for $.10 ea solo and $.05 with 2 other companies(non competing). You might try looking there.
  9. low_clazz

low_clazz LawnSite Member

too bad you live up there or we'd take care of it for you
  10. kc2006

I have looked, theres 2 i believe, I used the one service it will be 3 cents a piece for 10,000, but i used them with not so great success in the past. Not sure if i want to try again (it was a bad time to advertise I think)...I'll have to call the second place tomorrow. Business is slow at the moment and even worse due to drought, I guess I'll be hitting the streets with doorhangers until i find something good. I need to figure something out for the spring though.