1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Altoz - where were you?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Jan 11, 2014.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I attended the MN Green Expo this past week. Since Altoz is a part of a MN based company, I fully expected them to be at this show, promoting their new line of Z mowers. The show is probably the largest one in the Upper Midwest, and while no GIE, still merits getting your equipment out for show.

However...no Altoz? Not good. Not sure what they were thinking, skipping a large show so close to their home base. Maybe they didn't even know about it? Perhaps there is an Altoz rep on here that can shed some light on this.....
  2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Thats to bad. I really want to get my hands on one for a review.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. MRCo.

MRCo. LawnSite Member

I have a missed call from Altoz...may have to gt around to returning it and see what is happening with them.
  4. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Perhaps the show was not scheduled for this year for any number of reasons?
    I am sure the company is aware of many shows around the country,however like any other company advertising budgets are tight and most companies pick and choose the best shows for maximum ROI. May be a good idea to contact or visit the company directly and find out for yourself and the members of this web-site. I am sure any interested members would be interested in your findings.
    easy-lift guy
  5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I suppose....but to skip the largest show in the Upper Midwest, right in your back yard, is strange. Usually you want to get some traction in your own backyard first, no?
  6. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Wow, they pulled the plug already? I thought they would at least make it a year or two but looks like the plug got pulled early....
  7. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I'm guessing it was back to the design room to make some changes before releasing them on, er, I mean, to the public.
  8. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

Just because they missed a trade show doesn't mean they pulled the plug on the mower. But I would never buy a first production run of a mower, after Deere gave us the z800 and i got burned
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. MRCo.

MRCo. LawnSite Member

Agreed, just because they missed one show doesn't mean they are gone! :dizzy:
  10. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member