Aluma Trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mowerman90, Jun 14, 2005.

1. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone own an "Aluma Trailer"? see here I plan on getting one of the 6.5x12 ones this weekend.

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We have a featherlite good trailer i would run nothing but aluminum unless it is a box.

3. green-go

green-go LawnSite Member

I'm having a 6.5x12 steel trailer built soon, about how much does one of these Aluminum 6.5x12 trailers cost?

4. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I have a 6.5 X 10 Aluma Ltd. and love it. I pull it with a Chevy S-10 and decided on the aluminium trailer for the weight savings since the weight of the Z-Trak and all equipment would be enough strain on the V-6 without the burden of the weight of a steel trailer. I want to step up to a 12 footer someday, but a 757 mower will come first.

Lawnsite 1.jpg

5. mowerman90

$2450 and change for the 64133 model (6.5x12)

6. GreenGrassEarnsCash

GreenGrassEarnsCash LawnSite Member

is that price for an enclosed trailer!
    If not then what is the price for a 6,5 by 12 enclosed

7. mowerman90

Nope, that price is for the 6.5x12 OPEN trailer. I picked it up today. Yes, it is almost twice the price of a steel trailer but for that price I get a trailer that will last me a lifetime. I get a 5 year warranty, I'll never have to paint it or worry about it rusting, I'll never have to worry about the floor rotting out. I came with new Carisle tires on cast aluminum polished wheels. In other words,"you get what you pay for". Plus I've shaved about 1000 pounds off of what my truck has to tow.

8. gl1200a

You do have to watch for stress cracking with an aluminium trailer though. Crawl under it about twice a year. You might want to check that warranty again. Mine was only for one year with my Aluma Ltd. trailer last year.

9. mowerman90

Apparently they've changed the warranty. It clearly states
    5 years in the paperwork I got with mine. I will take your advise though, you never know.

10. gl1200a

Good for you! Yes, the only problem I have ever heard about aluminum trailers is the flexing causes and higher degree of cracks. F.Y.I. I love mine though.