AM/FM noise reduction headphones

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by tsanteto, Mar 3, 2006.

1. tsanteto

tsanteto LawnSite Member

2. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

We have some similar to those and is nice to listen to , makes the day go by faster. But I wish they could make them so you wouldnt get so hot while wearing them.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

That's a deal, china is taking the country.

4. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

i would like to know if anybody has these and how do they compare to the peltor's. thank's

5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Anything is better than the peltors. My peltors suck big time. They block out very little noise, the radio station wont stay put and the ear cups fall off all the time. The set of Elvex I had blocked out 2X as much noise and the radio never changed stations on me and the ear cups never fell off. This set that he gave the link to looks much better made than the peltors do and look like it has alot more insulation to deaden the sound better.

6. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone try the new Deere noice cancelling headphones sold at Lowes yet? $90:dizzy:

7. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

It doesnt have FM radio...:cry:

8. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

But you can hook up a MP3 player.

9. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok guys. This is the stuff for you right here. Shure makes a set of headphones that BLOCK outside sound. you have to hook them up to a player but they don't make ya sweat. They are pricy, $100 bucks. I got mine at best buy, and love em. I decided to not use them as I couldn't hear anything else while using them. Shure also makes a telephone headset using the same technology. Now, I can actually hear my phone ring, and even talk on it while on the mower. They are well worth the price. The telephone headset was 39 bucks. I can personally vouch for those shure products. Go online and see, or go to your local Best Buy or Circuit City.
    I bought peltors and put them on once, and they are sitting in the box. I will not use them.

P.S.
    These headphones go IN your ear, not over it.

10. SnapperfanRedmaxman

SnapperfanRedmaxman LawnSite Member

My Peltor Racetunes work great. You can listen to
    the am/fm radio or use the supplied cable to attach
    a mp3 player. They are sorta hot though.