AM/FM Worktunes now only $37 at.........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLS1, Jul 29, 2004.

1. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Walmart. Was $57. They are in Lawn and Garden section on same aisle as trimmers. Go forth and buy...........:D :D :D

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Got both of my pairs for $17.00 each. Nyaa nyaa na na nyaa nyaa! LOL

That IS a good price, thanks for sharing.

3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay where for $17 and did you get them this year?

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

The worktunes suck. They dont block much noise, the ear cups always fall off and the radio doesnt hardly play loud enough to hear anything when you are on a mower.

5. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

what kind do you have?

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I have the peltor worktunes right now and hate them compared to the Elvex set i had.

7. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

I have both. Peltors may last one season. I agree they suck over all. Too costly for the junk they are. It is a real pain around here to actually get a good signal. IT moves constantly and the cups DO NOT stay on hardly at all. I have four sets. 2 work. All were bought this spring.

I have one elvex for myself now. They are ok. I have had them for two months and recently they started going funny on me. Not ha ha funny either. We will see what happens. I think they collect more sweat and dont keep out quite as much sound as the peltors though.

I want a DIGITAL one though. ANyone know where to find one like that so i can LOCK onto a station?

8. g overbey

g overbey LawnSite Member

Peltor Selects are great. They aer digital tuned and don't lose the station. You can adjust the balance so that you can hear the radio and traffic or just the radio.
    They only come in FM though.

9. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

ya i got peltor's new one's they do suck compared to the old ones;,, i got set of the red ones whgich kick ass but they are 180 comapared to 80 or evern yet 57 at meijer lol but they work ok i guess.. the new ones are cheaper made and break easier

10. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Love mine, both pair work fine, loud enough, got them at WalMart, and yes, this year.