1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Am I always this lucky?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Junior M, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Wait, your saying there is hardly any difference? Physical difference there is alot, maybe not power wise, but the friend of Dads recommend the 310 over the 290, but he said for us he'd go with the 361..

If my 210 would run a bigger bar I'd stick with it, but I'll still probably use it more for jobs like this cause its lighter and easier to throw around, plus it doesnt wear you out as much..
  2. Treemow

Treemow LawnSite Senior Member

I'm saying that it is lighter and more powerful. AWJ said it was the same. Read the post.
  3. Treemow

They are all good saws you just need to find the one that works for your situation.
  4. Junior M

Ok, I misunderstood then..

But you make a good point, I need a bigger bar saw and the 361 fits my needs, just not my wallet.. :laugh:
  5. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Stihl and Husky both make good stuff.
    If you already have a small saw I would get a bigger saw than the 361.
    Saws this size are an inbetween saw.A little big for limbing and a little small for heavy cutting.You buy that saw when you only want one saw.

Husky makes a 385 saw that is pretty light and packs some punch.
    Stihl makes a 460 that is similar.
  6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The 372 Husky is a nice saw they are lighter than the MS460 Stihl the 372 is compareable to a 044/440 Stihl.
  7. Treemow

But one of each.
  8. Junior M

I might because the 361 just doesnt seem to have the ass to run a 25in bar, atleast not spec wise, but right now my wallet cant take anything bigger than a 310, so it'll work..
  9. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

Junior the 210 you're used to is around 10 pounds.

A 460 without a bar is about 15 pounds. Better hit the gym for a while before you step up to a bigger saw or you'll get tired and hurt yourself.

Better yet. Anyone got any work for say a TS800 sized demolition saw? I think a few days of slinging one of them around might cure him yet.
  10. Junior M

I am not goin up to a 460, no way, 441 at the most..

And I'll be good, been :weightlifter: and then that dam mexican backhoe keeps ya strong.. :wall

Plus, I am not running a saw on this job, only the equipment.. goin to take a little fab to get my tunes in the skid, but I'll have music.. :cool2: