1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Am I always this lucky?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Junior M, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Well, went back to work today, went to install an irrigation system that has hardly any PSI, goin to work till Thursday on this job, then got that clearing job of my own to knock out and he said he'd pay me overtime to come run the tractor saturday(cant use the skidsteer, its a residential yard with alot of turning) hauling sand filling in old planters around a pool..

So, here's what I did all day, run this ancient piece...

(like my new style? :cool2: :laugh:)
  2. Treemow

Treemow LawnSite Senior Member

Nice hard hat.
  3. Treemow

Treemow LawnSite Senior Member

...and belt buckle.
  4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Let me guess Jr. you have your boyfriends name on the back of your belt.
  5. Junior M

EWWWWW! thats a big negative..

Notice my nice red and shiny ride in the background, its kind of fuzzy, but its paid for.. :cool2: :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
  6. Junior M

well, this day just plain started out bad, we get to Bobcat, go in do the paperwork bs, come out, throw the bush hog on the trailer, then go to get the grapple and bucket and there is no bucket, so I just go ahead and attempt to hook up the hydraulics and some idiot wrapped the hose around the little guard holder thingy mabobber, well I get the rental guy, Doug, to go get a bucket and I run down to where he is and he just says, run in the shop, we'll zip tie the line together so they dont rub the track and you'll be good..

We finally get out of there at 8:30 and get to the job at 9, I unload the 190, go drop the bucket and drop down in this swamp and I feel the tracks kind of spin but think nothing of it, so I push in to the brush and grab a bite, back back out and dump and go back in and tell dad its muddier than hell back in there, I dont wanna go back, but he insists I can get through one more time, well, this happens...

so by the time I get done trying to get out I hand it over to the real professional..

so we get it and look how far up the mud was:

btw, I think I need a bigger trailer.. :dizzy: :laugh:

I'll get pics of all the stuff I got done today, in the morning..
  7. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

That grapple looks a little woppyjawed... I'm surprised that bobcat had enough power to do that much damage...

Need some 36" mud tracks like the volvo, you'd be good to go then:laugh:
  8. Junior M

I think if they atleast had some tracks on it(dam things are about toast:realmad:) I woulda been better off, but who knows..

36in pads.. It wouldnt be able to handle them.. :laugh:

dam thing is all woppyjawed..
  9. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

One word and three letters Junior. TEREX ASV.:clapping:
  10. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

Of course it's about toast. It's a Bobcat.