1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Am I always this lucky?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Junior M, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, but all of them have been in the water(excluding the big pine) a year March 15th, so they were really water logged..

2. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

It's still tied down with straps, Junior. And we all know that's no good.

3. Junior M

I knew that was goin to be said, but hey, atleast its tied down the "correct," way!

4. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

Junior. Even if you had 5/8" chain over the entire machine I'd still find something to break your balls about. It's just too much fun.

5. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I thought you were going to clean up the slopes? Why is there still stuff sticking up?

Couldn't you grab the rest and yank it all out?

J.

6. Junior M

I wanted to do that, but everyone was worried about it hurting the dam, but the people paying for it were happy, so I am happy. Well, not really, I'd like to take it down to the dirt but everyone said it looks great, from far away it does, but up close, its a freakin wreck!

Plus, there was a lot of crap there, I only had an hour on that little bit of grading. the rest was doing all the dam work. But I am going to go cut the stumps and little bit of brush down to clean it up more..

7. Junior M

:laugh: :laugh: Yeah, I know.. I know its not chain, but its right, isnt it? LOOK PAST THE STRAPS is it right?

8. Junior M

Oh yeah! I forgot to tell ya, I was almost always using my feet to move the machine around, it was nice when picking the dam, I didnt have to move around, just bend my ankles a little bit and boom, I am in the position I need to be.. :cool2: But I got to work on the reverse part, I tend to hold down one longer than the other when I stop and end up turned sideways, but I'll get better the more I do it..

9. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

How did you like the 430 junior

10. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

So was that a rental or did you guys buy it?