Am I always this lucky?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Junior M, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

You do that and I'll go take a picture of a what waxed trailer looks like.. :laugh:

2. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Gotta be dirty, paint flaking off and minor sheet metal denting haha

Oh yeah you have to have a case in the backgorund, just in CASE you need a backup machine :laugh::laugh::laugh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and BTW I like my pine trees as you can tell!

3. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Dirtman- How does your truck tow that setup? Is your truck a 250 or 350, 6.0 or 7.3? thanks.

4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That trailer has to be a little rough on tires you can't get the weight forward anymore or there would be too much tounge weight on the truck.

Nice to see chains and not ratchet straps cough Junior :laugh:

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

*cough* its fourwheelers *cough*

:laugh:

6. Dirtman2007

I have a F250, 6.0

The truck will pull it fine, you can tell its back there as the machine weighs around 12k and the trailer a good 4500. Along with my truck I think I'm pushing 24,500 loaded. The trailer is equiped with brakes on all 6 wheels so that helps a ton when stopping.

Yes GR the trailer likes tires, its on its second set, but probably has 40-50K miles on it in the 3 years we've had it. we use it all the time

7. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

do you run a programer or tuner on your truck?

8. Dirtman2007

No, everything is stock.

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Triaxles will carry the weight better especially if your towing it with a 3/4 ton.You can get the weight over the trailer axles and essentially all the truck is doing is pulling and steering the trailer. If it was a tandem then you would have more tounge weight on the truck.

Get on hot pavement with that excavator on the trailer and make a sharp turn backing up you could probably hear things squeeking and banging along with lots of black marks left behind :laugh:

10. landscapesc

landscapesc LawnSite Member

Not to be mean but....could it be a worked trailer vs a parked at the house trailer????