Am I always this lucky?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Junior M, Mar 22, 2009.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

All in due time, I have a few pics on a few slide shows on YouTube already that I never posted here, and 2 more slide shows of 2 barn projects I have been taking pictures off from the start that will also make the cut.
    So far I haven't gotten sh*t over the slide show, so I think still pictures are OK, but I am still laying low.

2. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Slacking am I?? well after seeing ronnies thread removed, I've also begain to watch what I post. Now ya'll will still see 90% of what I do, but as we all know that 10% is on a need to know basis.

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Understandable, I was just messing with ya..

4. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

My uncles cool with it tho, He watches all my videos and stuff. I've only been asked not to film something once, for reasons of course. I agree and am otherwise and free to do as I please at work.

5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I have been wondering more about a gooseneck setup, how heavy is your trailer? Would it be able work with my 550 size contractor box? I might be switching stuff around again and being able to haul two machines at once would be very nice.

6. Junior M

Thats cool.

Dad doesnt really care either, he just doesnt like me taking the time to set up a video camera, which gets old but my camera sucks so what does it matter?!

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

My trailer weighs 7000 pounds empty, and its good for 20,000 pounds. Whenever I have the ZX27 and my Cat on it (combined weight of 17,000 pounds) the truck really doesn't complain much, only when I have to slam in in 2nd gear to get up the 14% grade back home and coming out of corners I use 2nd gear more.
    Oh and the BD Exhaust brake is a god send.

8. stuvecorp

I would need to haul about 22-23,000. I'm thinking that's getting too much for a 550 even with a gooseneck. The Kodiak could handle it no problem but I want to stick with one 550 size truck for next year.

I know you had a picture on here when it was loaded with the mini and skid but don't remember where.

9. Junior M

I remember, it was in his thread and avatar for a while..

I dont think that'd be to much, the 2003 F550 we've got at work yanks a 430D CAT backhoe around easy and its up there in weight. I wouldnt be scared to put a 5ton mini and full size skid behind it.

10. stuvecorp

You put a 440 with VTS(10,000) and a Tak 153(12,700) that puts me at about 23,000. I know with a gooseneck it pulls way better.