Am I always this lucky?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Junior M, Mar 22, 2009.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Here's some pics, this was this morning's adventure in Caterpillar land:

Pictures 3668.jpg

Pictures 3678.jpg

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

How long will the trailer need to be?

I am not real happy with the 40ft'r we got at work, real bouncy because it is so long, Dad says its normal, but something about it just doesnt seem right..

3. Junior M

Very nice Ronnie, is the rip in your track getting any worse?

4. bobcat_ron

Not really, just make sure I don't over push when the rip is between the rear rollers and squirrel cage, but I will buy new tracks this year yet, it's real scary to be with out tracks for a fe days, my dad has to put new tracks on the mini now, I ripped one apart real bad, now we are with out that machine for a few days.

5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the picture Ron. How long is your trailer?

JR, I'm thinking about 30' maybe?

6. bobcat_ron

24 foot deck.

7. Junior M

I thought you said 24ft including the dovetail? ;)

And Stuve, that wont be that bad to pull. Here is the one at work, its a pain in the ass, like running an OTR tractor and trailer, but you gotta get in to a subdivision where its hard to get a truck of this size and an 18ft trailer.. :wall

[​IMG]

8. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

I gotta ask Junior since I've seen you mention it a couple places: what's the story with this T300 you talk about? I apologize if you've explained it elsewhere, but I'm curious. Can I get excited for you finally taking the big leap into business?

9. Junior M

Nope, just a rental.. :cry:

And we're in business, I dont have the time to take it the way I want with school and all.

And Dad, havent talked to him in a few days. He flipped out about my dogs and yelled at me, then got pissed at mom for letting me have them. So I yelled back, havent talked to him sense.. :nono:

But he's probably the same ways he's been, no initiative. Just wants it to fall into his lap..

10. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Rentals work just fine too :drinkup: I'd still be renting too, if I didn't need specialized equipment. Ya owning equipment is cool, but there are plenty of aspects to rentals that are very appealing these days as well.

Sorry to hear about your dad and the dogs. Take it easy though, your dad could be one of your greatest assets as you build your business... Just a thought :drinkup: