Am I always this lucky?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Junior M, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

we actually stake the turnbuckles with 2ft pieces of angle, then drive rebar through the bottom plate of the wall..

And we do it that wet to save alot of work.. With the right truck driver you hardly have to move any concrete... Besides its not like we gotta finish it or its holding up a house..

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good JR. How did you like the PowerTan? :usflag:

3. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

We were talking about it, and he thought it was just a "Tan" lol

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

it was a fueltan!

17gallons for 8 hours! :eek:

5. stuvecorp

Sounds like mine then... :)

6. skidsteer

skidsteer LawnSite Member

There is a price for all that hp!

7. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

Daymn you boys need to keep your foot out of it!! lol I have never really kept that close of an eye on ours but 17 gallons in 9 hours I know it is not that bad. I am curious now though I will have to check next week.

8. RedRebel

RedRebel LawnSite Member

Most machines are designed in a way that in 10-12 hours of run time, the tank is or near empty. They do this to account for heavy earthmoving operations so in a FULL day, they dont have to stop to refuel during the day. So if you ever don't have a clue on how much a machine uses, for estimating purposes, you can use that method. Ten hours being used in heavy rock or lifting conditions and 12 being uses moderately.

9. stuvecorp

That is true, them horses gotta drink.

I have noticed now that I have the foot throttle again I'm using more fuel. I would set the throttle 3/4 on the 70XT. The big thing is I have been doing a lot of two speed woofin material and loading trucks and that seems to really eat the fuel. If I'm doing finish raking with the Eliminator it seems like it goes forever on a tank.

10. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

That is funny you say that we have a big debate at going on about this. I think it is better to use the foot pedal, or at least that is what I am use to and I always use. My foreman always sets the stick and uses it. I would be really interested to see which is more efficient in the long run.