Am I asking too much $ for this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2k1yzfr1, Apr 7, 2004.

1. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 44" exmark lazer ZHP for sale in the local paper. It has 412 hours with a mulching kit included. Is $4000 too much money for this mower??

111_1182.jpg

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks pretty clean , the problem i have is i would never buy a rider under 52 inches

3. 2k1yzfr1

yeah it's clean and runs/cuts excellent. I just thought I needed a bigger mower so I bought a new 52" 27 hp toro. I kinda miss the little 44" for it's nimbleness though.

4. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

To much for such a little deck

5. GrassBlaster

GrassBlaster LawnSite Member

I bought a brand new 48" gravely for $5800 including tax.

6. wrestlingcoach

wrestlingcoach LawnSite Senior Member

YEP, too much
    i just bought a 61' scags for $6000 had only 135 hours
    was a homeowner
    he mowed his own 7 acres
    very clean

7. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

I don't know about the price....but I was at my Toro dealer the other day and your Exmarks look an awful lot like the Toro Z-turn mowers. Are they the same? Up here we don't see any exmark.

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

You didn't mention the engine type. The Kaw 17hp seems a little low on torque, I had a 18hp Kohler twin (20hp is supposed to be the same) and it did fine in most situations on a 48". That would affect price. Yours looks like a Kawi.

Most buyers want size over nimbleness, so the mower's not in big demand except with startups short of cash.

I'm actually in the market for a 44" as a backup and to do props where the 48" might not squeeze in.

9. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

grassrootsinab,
    toro owns exmark. they're very close in designs.

10. 2k1yzfr1

it is the 17 kawa motor. I love the size of the 44" since it would fit through the 48" gates, but for the little time I was saving in the back yards of the 5-6 yards with 48" gates I was loosing on my 2-3 acre yards and front yards. So it's back to using the 36's in the back yards. The power was adequate for the 44" deck I would have liked more in some of the thick wet St augustine, but for all the other times it was fine.