Am I crazy, or is this really to high??

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Lawnut101, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I put in a proposal to a customer to remove 4 yews, remove about 2-3 tons of dirt/debris, plant 51 plants (sizes #1-#3), spread 10.5 yds of topsoil, 6.5 yds of hemlock, bed edge, rejuvinate 2kft square of lawn, and have a skid steer onsite. I figured rounghly 35 man hours for all this, 3 guys there for a good day and a half....

My bid was for $3,959.00

What would you guys have bid? Our town is so dang cheap.... Or maybe I am to expensive, I don't know... Just a little depressed.

2. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

your hrs seem about right. does that include material?

3. Lawnut101

Yes sir, material, delivery, and renting a few things...

I am going to call the lady tomorrow and see what's up.

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

What were the plants perennial or shrubs?

5. Lawnut101

A good mixture of each. Probably about 2/3rds were perennials. We needed to dig up some onsite and transplant them.

6. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

It's hard to say if your were "high" or not, especially without seeing it. I would say you might have been a little on the high side, I probably would have been closer to the 3k area, but wouldn't have needed to rent anything.

7. mario491

mario491 LawnSite Member

The way it works lawn nut is that people do not want you to make money
    All the customer cares about is that you break even. My main goal on proposals is to figure a way to write it it up so it seems they are getting alot for there money. GOOD LUCK NOTHING BUT TIGHT A???? OUT THERE RIGHT NOW

8. Lawnut101

The more I think about it and look at my bid, I think she is just a tightwad.... I mean I would've done a nice job. That's worth a price.