Am I crazy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by accuratelawn, Oct 23, 2000.

1. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Went to bid property today in an upscale golf community.
    The property was 52,000 sq feet, 52 trees some everygreen some oak, 600+ feet of edge and over 500 feet of fence line.
    About 1/4 of the area was very sloped only mowable with walkbehind. I bid $105 per mow she said curent co. was doing it for $75. I asked about why she was looking for another to care for her yard. "I was just looking for a better deal".
    By the way this was about a $800,000 house.
    What do you think??

2. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

just don't call her, she just might call you back

3. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

I think your sane and that she is crazy. With that much trimming and turning I dont think you could go any lower.

4. Who provides the aeration, dethatching, fertilization, weed and insect control?

5. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

Run into exact situation this year . I asked what was wrong with the current service and she said nothing . "He has been doing it for 8 years and did a great job but he raised his price this year and we thought it was too much . " I bid 45.00 for this 14,000 foot lawn and did not hear back . Hope I helped the other guy keep his job.

6. HealthyLawns

HealthyLawns LawnSite Member

That lady's the crazy one, accuratelawn. The more money they have, the cheaper they are.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

accurate, Find out if she knows of anyone else that her current service is taking care of, like friends, neighbors, etc.. When she asks why, just tell her; "So when they they are forced to go out of business because they're not making anything and are having to cut corners, I'd like to come in and perform the service properly."

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Fooorrrrgeeett aabbouuut ittt

9. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you under bid!!! Forget her, the wealthy ones are always the hardest to collect from anyway.

10. Lawn Cruiser

Lawn Cruiser LawnSite Member

She is the crazy one if you can offer more than the present company can that's what counts forget about her. I like Runners idea.