1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Am I high, low or about where I need to be?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by dmk395, Oct 25, 2009.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

20,000 sq ft. lawn

5 fert apps
    1 merit
    1 lime
    7total

All granular apps. I spot spray for weeds each visit. First app is a pre-m, second a granular weed and feed, rest are straight ferts with me spot spraying. Charging the customer $840 per application. Break it down to $120 each time. Your thoughts?

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

A big company I know charges about 142 for that size. But...they seldom measure the full lawn.

Myself I am lower than that.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Actually, doing the math, my price would be real close to that if I was to do that program. It wouldn't be 7 visits, though. My Merit wold be going on with a fert ap..

4. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

I do the merit at the same too. My lime is done at the same time as the last app also. Takes awhile, but saves us trips.

5. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Stick with what you got for now, but when you get more experience try to go with a 5 or 6 step program. A fert can be combined with your merit app. You can actually combine fert and lime to some extent..depite everything you will hear. Try spraying your pre mixed with post. Same money..fewer apps.